Burlap & Barrel's Buffalo Ginger is an heirloom ginger variety from a group of farmers in the mountains of northern Vietnam. Known for its fruity and floral aroma and powerful heat, this is a complex, flavorful ginger powder that will elevate baked goods, stews, curries, and beverages from hot drinks to cocktails.
In Vietnam, this ginger is used with chicken, soup, rice, and candy. It’s also been used for medicinal purposes - to calm upset stomachs, restore appetite, and support the immune system. Any way you slice it, this is a spicy, wonderfully intense ginger.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Dried with hot air, then ground
- Ingredients: 100% ginger, ground (Zingiber officinale)
- Tasting notes: Pineapple • Fresh Herbs • Bright Heat
- Sprinkle into curries, sauces and chutneys
- Add to apple pies, cookies, cakes and other baked goods
- Mix ¼ teaspoon with water and honey for a potent ginger tea (or skip the water and stir a pinch of ginger into honey)
- Pairs well with: Ground Cinnamon Verum, New Harvest Turmeric, Wild Mountain Cumin
Weight: 28 g / 1 oz - repacked from bulk